Amptec Electric Flow Boiler
Amptec electric flow boiler provides efficient electric wet central heating with the high levels of comfort and control usually only found in gas-powered systems. This makes it ideal for any of the over 2 million homes in Britain with no mains gas supply!
Amptec electric flow boiler has been designed to be compatible with standard radiators, programmers, circulating pumps, room thermostats and thermostatic radiator valves.
It is suitable for sealed or open-vented systems, and works with conventional radiators or underfloor heating systems
For one off applications such as garage and loft conversions, extensions and conservatories the Amptec system boiler is ideal where space is at a premium.
And for complete peace-of-mind, Amptec boilers come with a comprehensive two year parts and labour guarantee that’s backed up with on-site service support.
Amptec electric flow boiler
The Amptec electric flow boiler has a host of features that are a benefit to developers and builders, installers, landlords and end users and make it a desirable option where gas is not available or fluing restrictions prevent the use of a gas boiler.
- Controllable, efficient wet central heating
- Uses standard radiators, programmer, pump, room thermostat and thermostatic radiator valves.
- Suitable for pressurised or open vented systems.
- Models available for underfloor heating systems
- Domestic hot water from boiler in conjunction with an indirect cylinder or separate direct cylinder.
- No flue and no fuel tanks means flexible installation location.
- With no flue, no heat is wasted up the chimney, making Amptec electric flow boilers 99.8% efficient.
- Compact and light weight for ease of installation
- Compact dimensions – small and unobtrusive.
- Silent in operation
- The boiler has front panel indication to show boiler state.
- Solid state technology with no moving parts for long life.
- Soft start and zero volt switching to avoid power surges
- Min / max control adjusts the water temperature output from the boiler
- Minimal service and maintenance costs
- No requirement for annual safety certificate
- Two year on-site parts and labour guarantee
Amptec electric flow boilers are suitable for use with a wide range of heating and domestic hot water systems, either vented or unvented.
The system layout (image under main product picture) is shown for illustrative purposes only.
The Amptec electric flow boiler is designed to work with a standard programmer which will control the time periods that the boiler comes into operation.
The unit is also suitable for use with standard thermostatic radiator valves, circulating pump and room thermostats which bring the boiler into operation when there is a call for heat.
4kW @ 240V, (3.7kW @ 230V).
6kW @ 240V, (5.5kW @ 230V).
9kW @ 240V, (8.3kW @ 230V).
11kW @ 240V, (10.1kW @ 230V).
12kW @ 240V, (11kW @ 230V).
2.5kW @ 240V, (2.3kW @ 230V) – Amptec system boiler.
Long life, low watt density, copper elements in a copper heat exchanger.
White stove enamelled corrosion resistant steel.
Armaflex – Closed cell insulation. Dust, fibre and CFC free (ODP ZERO).
Manifold – 2 ports with flow meter – Amptec System Boiler.
Electronic dual control, user adjustable.
C series from 65°C to 80°C. U series from 30°C to 60°C.
2 amp fused pump supply, dual control circuits, dual switching of the elements, self-check circuitry. Resettable cut-outs.
Pressure relief valve – 3 bar – Amptec System Boiler.
Pump – Grundfos 50/60 – Amptec System Boiler.
Nemko to BS EN 60335. CE Marked. Manufactured in the UK in a BS EN ISO 9001:2008 registered factory
22mm pipework connections on all models.
Pressure relief valve: 15mm compression – Amptec system boiler.
6 litres/minute minimum required for 4 and 6kW models.
12 litres/minute minimum required for 9, 11 and 12kW models.
1-3.4 litres/minute depending on length of underfloor heating – Amptec system boiler.
3 bar maximum.
1-1.5 bar – Amptec system boiler.
Sealed or open vented systems.a
Closed loop – Amptec system boiler.
The unit must be permanently connected to the electrical supply through a double-pole linked switch with minimum breaking capacity suitable for loading.
Can be installed with standard pump, programmer, room thermostat and thermostatic radiator valves (not
supplied with boiler).
Programmable room thermostat TP5000 + RF (supplied loose), factory-fitted pump, expansion vessel, pressure
relief valve, underfloor flow and return manifolds (incorporating isolating valve and flow gauges) – Amptec system boiler.
||Rating @240V (kW)
||B. Gas Gas council number
||Temperature range <°C)
||EB 205 06
||EB 205 02
||EB 205 03
||EB 205 01
||EB 205 04
||EB 205 08
||EB 205 09
||EB 205 10
||EB 205 11
||EB 205 12